We understand that researching a topic you’re not familiar with can be overwhelming, so we gathered some resources for you.
Reliable Online Resources
Dealing With Loss
- Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement: http://www.aplb.org/
- Pet Loss Support Group, San Diego Humane Society and SPCA: One weekend morning and one weekday evening session per month. The Pet Loss Support Group is open to those ages 12 and up, including pet parents who are considering or preparing for euthanasia. Thanks to support from the San Diego Pet Memorial Park, sessions are free. Donations are appreciated. Please call (619) 299-7012, extension 2311, to make a reservation or for more information.
- Books for Children:
- Snort’s Special Gift: Suzanne Yue
- A Special Place for Charlee: Debby Morehead
- Jasper’s Day: Marjorie Blain Parker
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney: Judith Viorst
- Sammy in the Sky: Barbara Walsh
- The Day Tiger Rose Said Goodbye: Jane Yolen
- Goodbye, Mousie: Robie Harris
- Saying Goodbye to Lulu: Corinne Demas
- Dog Heaven: Cynthia Rylant
- Cat Heaven: Cynthia Rylant